charisasmith.com

Sunday, June 19, 2011

"BULLETPROOF" - ORIGINAL POSTING DATE: TUES., MARCH 23RD, 2010

Last night my yoga teacher mentioned a famous, misunderstood yogi who he studied under. This famous yogi said that yoga can make us "bulletproof." But not because we build armor to shield and desensitize ourselves from emotion, pain, disappointment, and harm. Instead, he meant that yoga enables us to get so deeply in touch with ourselves, with our vulnerability, and with our souls, that we can withstand anything, resting in that intense inner beauty no matter what. That yoga class was such a transformative experience. Definitely the best one I've been to.
Feeling helpless, crying at seeing someone get stomped in the midst of a crowd, going home from yoga class, made me ache. I suit up with my armor, to engage others, in order to protect those in pain.
We're here. It's now. Let's suit up.
info@charisasmith.com
www.charisasmith.com

No comments:

Post a Comment